This web-resource offers an overview of the Lifestyle Matters intervention and describes the philosophy that underpins the work as well as sharing practical ideas that will enable you to develop and facilitate your own programme. As you explore the content of the resource you will have the opportunity to hear from older people who have taken part in Lifestyle Matters as well as from researchers and facilitators who have been involved in developing and testing the intervention.
The web-resource is divided into the following themes:
- This section invites you to reflect on your own perceptions of the ageing process. You will have the opportunity to listen to insights shared by older people and to consider what the broader evidence says in relation to factors that enable individuals to age well.
- Here, an overview of the Lifestyle Matters intervention is offered. You can learn about the core philosophy that underpins the programme, discover where it originated from and the research that supports it.
Creating a program:
- This section very much looks at the practicalities of developing and implementing a programme including factors that you will need to consider in relation to planning and facilitating your group.
- Lifestyle Matters comprises of group and individual sessions. This section describes the core group sessions and details the aims and practicalities of implementing individual sessions.
Menu of ideas:
- Lifestyle Matters should be customised to meet the needs of group members. The programme is therefore structured around a menu of potential topics that individuals can choose from. This section describes possible themes and includes examples of potential introductory activities, group discussion topics, and additional activities and outings that that can be used in the programme.